Lockdown. This is the most dreaded word nowadays. This is because this lockdown has snatched away a lot of jobs from various people. People have become jobless. They have no means to earn money. So they have become desperate. They are resorting to any means to earn money. They are becoming prone to stealing and scamming people. In order to do this, many of them are opening up new websites. These websites are frauds. One of them is the addMeCart.com website.
What is the addMeCart.com website?
AddMeCart.com website is a fake website. It is a daily-appliances website. It sells products of daily use. This website is offering a lot of discounts on the products they are selling or rather portraying to sell. Therefore, people are getting attracted to this website. They are thinking that they will get good products at a minimal price.
Is this website a scam?
Yes, it is a scam website. This website attracts people with its lucrative price offers. When people order them, their money is taken away without any promise that they will receive the product. Therefore, it offers online payment only. This is how they scam people.
Negative highlights about the addMeCart.com website
- The identity of the owner of the website is hidden on WHOIS
- The Alexa rank (how much traffic) is rather low
- We discovered mainly negative reviews for this site
Points to prove that this website is fake
- The identity of the website owner is hidden. They might do it for a valid reason as spammers use this information to email website owners. Unfortunately, it also makes the identification of the owner difficult.
- The domain name of this website has been registered several years ago. In general, the older the website the more trustworthy it becomes. However, scammers sometimes buy existing websites and start doing evil things just like this one.
- The Alexa ranking of this website is low. This can be considered low in relation to other websites from the website’s country.
- The website items are also fake. They are copied from other websites but the prices are changed.
- The addMeCart.com customer care number is not fake. But the email is. People can neither complain nor ask for refunds.
A complaint to prove that the addMeCart.com website is fake
I have made a purchase of a Dry Iron from addmecart.com (their address as mentioned on their website, is located at Jai Stambh Chowk, Opp. Gurh Gali, Rajgarh) on 26th March 2022.
My order number was [protected]and I have made the full payment of Rs. 949.05 online. When I placed the above order, I have written a special note to the seller to send the product without much delay.
But as there was no response from their side, I spoke to their customer care number [Protected]and requested to speed up the process and ship the ordered item without further delay.
But despite my follow-ups and mail communications, so far they have neither shipped the product nor responded to my request for a refund. As today is the 12th day, it seems that addmecart.com is cheating the public by taking their money and not providing products or services.
I would request the authorities to intervene in this matter on priority and to get the full refund from the party at the earliest. It is also my request to the authorities that they stringent punitive action against this party to save the public from getting cheated further
I have noticed that there are many other customers also cheated by addmecart.com in the recent past, even though there are many complaints lodged against this party on this same platform.
Frequently asked questions about this website
Is the addMeCart.com website a scam?
Yes, it is a scam.
Is this website fake?
Yes, this website is fake.
Is the addMeCart.com website legit?
No, this website is not legit.
Is this website safe?
No, this website is not safe.
More about scam websites can be found here.