The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has scrapped the same day evaluation in the examination centre from December 16 onwards. The board has issued guidelines for centre superintendents to follow during the remaining class 12 exams.
As per the guidelines, students should be inside the exam centre by 10:45 am. “In case, any student is reaching late to the examination centre, the people at the centre should check him/her properly,” CBSE guidelines mentioned.
Also, CBSE will send password mails to schools and operation code at 10:45 am. The schools need to ensure that they will print the question papers within the stipulated period.
“All the centre superintendent and observer will sign on the sealed parcel and will mention the time of packing also. Once the people at the centre pack the OMRs, they will send the same to the concerned regional office,” as per CBSE’s guidelines.
The board has also instructed the centre superintendent to take care of the sealed parcel. “Once OMRs are packed and sealed, the same will be dispatched to the local regional office. After dispatch, the receipt of dispatch will also be uploaded as per practice,” read CBSE guidelines.
“It may please be noted once again that it is the sole responsibility of the Centre Superintendent to ensure that the examination is conducted smoothly and fairly,” it added.
Here is what the board has clearly said through this notification:
- The affiliated schools will receive password mails first from the Board. The operational code will be sent to the schools by CBSE at 10.45 am.
- The Superintendents must ensure that all appearing students enter the exam halls latest by 10:45 am, which is the last entry time.
- Students reaching late to the exam centre should be frisked properly.
- Schools should ensure question papers are printed within the stipulated period and make printing arrangements for the same.
- In case of a delay in the start of the examination, students should be provided additional time equal to the lost time.
- The practice of evaluating papers in examination centres on the same day will stop from December 16, 2021.
- Centre Superintendents will pack and seal all OMR sheets within 15 minutes after the examination, in the presence of an Observer.
- The Centre Superintendent and Observer will sign the sealed parcel and mention the time of packing too. Once the OMRs are packed and sealed, they will be dispatched to the concerned regional office.
- The receipt of dispatch will also be uploaded as per practice.
- The Centre Superintendents will be responsible for conducting the examinations smoothly and fairly. CBSE will take action against the Superintendent and the school as per affiliation and Board Examination Bye-laws, in case of any deviation from safety and security of the examinations.