Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2022 in India
Who was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose?
Subhas Chandra Bose, affectionately called Netaji, was one of the most prominent leaders of the Indian freedom struggle. Though Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru have garnered much of the credit for the successful culmination of the Indian freedom struggle, the contribution of Subash Chandra Bose is no less.
Subhas has been denied his rightful place in the annals of Indian history. Netaji founded Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauj) to overthrow British Empire from India and came to acquire legendary status among Indian masses. This person was also the President of the Indian National Congress from 1938 to 1939. Netaji attempted to get rid of British rule in India during World War ll.
When was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose born?
Subhas Chandra Bose was born on January 23, 1897, in Cuttack, Orissa. His father Janaki Nath Bose was a famous lawyer and his mother Prabhavati Devi was a pious and religious lady. Subhas Chandra Bose was the ninth child among fourteen siblings. Subhas Chandra Bose was a brilliant student right from childhood.
The early life of this hero
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose topped the matriculation examination of Calcutta province. He graduated with a First Class in Philosophy from the Scottish Churches College in Calcutta. He was strongly influenced by Swami Vivekananda’s teachings and was known for his patriotic zeal as a student.
To fulfill his parents’ wishes he went to England in 1919 to compete for Indian Civil Services. In England, he appeared for the Indian Civil Service competitive examination in 1920 and came out fourth in order of merit. However, Subhas Chandra Bose was deeply disturbed by the Jallianwalla Bagh massacre and left his Civil Services apprenticeship midway to return to India in 1921.
Date of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti
To honor his contribution to India’s struggle for independence, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s birthday is celebrated across various parts of the country on January 23, every year.
Famous quotes of Netaji
- ‘Freedom is not given it is taken.’
- ‘No real change in history has been achieved by discussion’
- ‘Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle- if there are no risks to be taken’
- ‘One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives’
What can we do to commemorate his birth anniversary?
- On Netaji Jayanti, let’s promise to work towards the betterment of our country daily!
- May we take inspiration from Netaji’s ideas and work to make our nation great!
- Warm wishes on the occasion of Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti. The only way to celebrate this day is to promise to work towards creating a country Netaji always worked for.
- As a citizen of India, we can never forget the contribution of Subhash Chandra Bose towards our bright and independent future.
- In present times, we need a leader like Subhash Chandra Bose who can infuse us with the same patriotism and courage to create the nation we always dream of.
How did Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose die?
Even the brave Subhas Chandra Bose couldn’t change his fate; on August 18, 1945, his plane crashed en route to Japan, and he died tragically. Many critics, however, refuse to believe the ideas put forth by various government organizations, and many believe he miraculously survived the plane crash and lived as a hermit for a while in northern India. In India, the mystery surrounding his final days is still a heated topic.