Nowadays, smartphone is not a luxury any more like in previous times. It is an essential commodity which most people possess. So, we see that the smartphones are designed for a certain category of users like gaming phones, business phones, and so many other categories. When students are buying smartphones, they look for some particular features. Thus, it is important to keep in mind and try to find out what exactly a student wants.
Students need a smartphone with certain features. Firstly, the phone must not be very expensive. That means the phone has to be budget-friendly. It must also have long battery life. Along with it, it must possess a good camera because students take photos of themselves and their notes all the time. Lastly, many students are into gaming. Therefore, it must not heat up fast or lose battery fast. So here are the smartphones that a student should buy. They are mentioned below:
One of the best smartphones for students is this one. It is the latest smartphone from OnePlus in the upper mid-range category. It comes with a Snapdragon 855+ processor, 8GB RAM, 6.7-inch screen along with 90Hz refresh rate, and an AMOLED panel.
- Great gaming performance
- Long-lasting battery life along with 30W Warp fast-charging
- Smoothest Android UI in the market
- Quite expensive for students
- Camera performance could be better
- No headphone jack
Apple iPhone XR smartphones
If one is looking for a smartphone suitable for students that also has a brand value attached to it, they should definitely buy the iPhone XR. Though it was launched last year, this is still one of the cheapest new iPhones out there. It comes with great performance and an excellent camera. Apple’s iPhone XR comes with a 6.1-inch Retina LCD display, A12 Bionic chip for performance, wireless charging, and a single 12MP camera with a 7MP front camera that supports Face ID.
- Decent camera for the price
- Longest battery life on any iPhone
- iPhone experience at a budget price
- Still expensive for students
- No headphone jack
Redmi Note 9 Pro
This phone is another end of the spectrum. In this category, the deciding factor for smartphone buyers becomes the price-to-performance ratio. With the Redmi Note 9 Pro, one will get four cameras at the back along with the Snapdragon 720G processor. They will also get 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The device comes with a 6.67-inch display, long-lasting battery life, and fast-charging support.
- Excellent gaming performance with its chipset optimized for gaming
- Long-lasting battery life
- Great camera performance at this price
- Quite heavy in terms of weight at 209 grams
- Performance lags under heavy load
- Students might not be a fan of MIUI and its ads.
Google Pixel 3A smartphones
This is one smartphone that might not be suitable for everyone but it definitely serves a purpose. The purpose is to cater to one kind of audience, photographers. The Google Pixel 3A is not heavy in terms of specifications or features but it does have the same camera as its Google Pixel 3 series. Therefore, one will get the same performance in the camera and it captures excellent photos. Google Pixel 3A has a 5.6-inch display with a Snapdragon 670 processor and just 4GB of RAM with 64GB internal storage.
- Excellent camera performance in day and night-time conditions
- Good battery life
- Stock Android Experience
- Not great for gaming or heavy usage
- The processor and RAM could have been better