What is National Defence Academy Exam?
NDA or National Defence Academy Exam is conducted twice every year for selecting the eligible candidates for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and Indian Naval Academy Courses (INAC) of the NDA.
This is for the 149th Course and for the 111th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing in July 2023. National Defence. The selection of eligible males & females will be done through Online Examination and SSB interviews.
NDA National Defence Academy exam 2022
To have an overview of the UPSC NDA 1 Exam, the candidates must refer to the below summary table including all important details for the exam. Now eligible girls can also apply for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination.
National Defence Academy exam date 2022
Check the important dates for NDA-I & NDA-II 2022 from the below table and mark them on your calendar so you do not miss out on the exam dates.
Application fee for National Defence Academy exam 2022
The Application fee for a General Category candidate is Rs 100/-
The fee can be deposited in any Branch of SBI by cash or can be submitted by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India or directly by using Visa/ MasterCard/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card.
Candidates belonging to SC/ ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs are exempted from payment of the fee.
Documents required for this
Before filling out the UPSC NDA I application form, the candidates must keep the following documents aside.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Photo-identity card in PDF format (Aadhar Card / Voter Card/PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID or any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government)
- Bank details to make an online transaction
- Marksheet and admit card of Class 10 and 12
NDA 2022 selection process
UPSC NDA is the examination process that is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to provide the opportunity to the youth of the country who wish to join defence jobs. The selection for defence jobs through NDA 1 Exam 2022 will be conducted in two stages:
- Written examination
- Intelligence & Personality Test (SSB)
A candidate who qualifies in a written examination will be called for a personality test which will be conducted to check the intelligence and personality.
The candidates have to clear both stages to get their names on the merit list. The merit list/final result will be generated by UPSC with the cumulative score of the Written Exam and the SSB will be considered for final selection.
NDA exam age limit
For UPSC NDA 1 Exam 2022, the candidates must have been born not earlier than July 2, 2003, and not later than July 1, 2006. For UPSC NDA 2 Exam 2022, candidates must have been born not earlier than January 2, 2004, and not later than January 1, 2007.
NDA educational qualification
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: The candidate should be 12th pass/HSC or equivalent examination from a State Education Board or a University
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: The candidate should have completed their 12th Class/HSC or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics from a State Education Board or a recognised University
NOTE: The candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination are too eligible to appear in the UPSC NDA examination.
NDA exam nationality
The candidates must be unmarried male/female and should be a:
- Citizen of India, or
- Subject of Bhutan, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
NDA exam 2022 pattern
The candidates who are preparing for NDA I Exam 2022, must be familiar with the exam pattern that is followed by UPSC. We have discussed the details for NDA 2022 exam pattern below:
- The exam will be conducted in an offline mode
- Questions will be in Multiple Choice Questions
- The questions will be asked in bilingual language (English & Hindi)
- There will be a negative marking of 0.83 marks for Maths, 1.33 for English, and 1.33 marks for GK
Have a look at the detailed exam pattern for NDA I Online Examination